The Year of the Rat is going to be celebrated in Pokémon GO starting today! The event will include a lot of bonuses and treats, so make sure you’re prepared!
As with all special events, you’ll get to see particular Pokémon spawn around the world. Here’s everything you need to know about the Lunar New Year event in Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event – Schedule
The event will begin today on January 24, at 1:00 PM PT, and it will last until February 3, at 1:00 PM PT.
Aside from the event, players will also get a Minccino Limited Research day, on February 2, from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (local time).
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event – Bonuses and Special Pokémon
The event will feature these following red Pokémon, which will get a huge boost in the spawn rate:
- Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus.
- The Shiny red Gyarados will also see an increase in the spawn rate.
- During the event, Darumaka (Zen-type), Shuckle, and Foongus will hatch from 7 km eggs.
There are also a lot more bonuses Niantic has announced for the event:
- Send gifts to your friends and open yours to have a chance at receiving Rare Candies.
- Trade often with friends so you can become Lucky Friends.
- Trading a Pokémon has an increased chance of it becoming a Lucky Pokémon.
Minccino Limited Research Details
As we have previously mentioned, Niantic will add Minccino in the February Limited Research event. Maybe Niantic thought this through and realized we would not be happy about getting too many Rattata and Raticate, so they added the adorable Chinchilla pocket monster to the mix.
The Minccino Limited Research event will bring forth the following features:
- Complete tasks in the Field Research to encounter Minccino.
- More Pokémon that fit in the Lunar New Year theme will spawn more often – Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat.
- Hatch 5 km eggs to increase the chances of getting Minccino.
- There’s a chance players can encounter a Shiny Minccino.
There is enough time until February 2nd to get everything out of the Pokémon Go Lunar New Year 2020.