We don’t know the price for the next-generation console PlayStation 5 yet and neither when it will arrive. But that didn’t stop Sony from opening the pre-order registration for the upcoming gaming machine. If you opt for it, you’ll get the PS5 console as soon as it releases. Perhaps the units will be sold like hot cakes during the first months, which can create an unpleasant scenario of you not being able to get one from the hardware store in your town.
The pre-order registration is available for those having a PSN account. There’s also a maximum of what the customers can get early access to: one PS5 Console/PS5 Digital Edition, two HD Cameras., two DualSense Charging Stations, two Pulse 3D Wireless Headsets, two DualSense Wireless Controllers, and two Media Remotes.
Access Sony’s website for registration
You need to go to Sony’s official website if you wish to register for an opportunity of being one of the first to pre-order the upcoming PlayStation 5. We believe it will be totally worth it, as the console will be capable of getting rid of in-game loading times, running games up to the 8K resolution, and more. The specs are as following:
- CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
- External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
- Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
Judging from the info we have until now, PlayStation 5 should arrive to the stores in November. Previous claims were hinting for a December launch around Christmas, which would have been more appropriate in some way. Santa Claus bringing a PS5 console to the kids who behave well sounded nice, but nobody would complain about an earlier arrival.