Yesterday, Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 firmware update rolled out with some new features and bug fixes, along with other improvements. Among the changes, noteworthy is the latest search engine for the News channel, brand-new touchscreen sensitivity settings, and a QR code scanning function to login to Nintendo Account.
Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 Firmware Update Comes With Many Other Features and Bug Fixes
The Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 firmware update also adds a new feature for the newly-released Nintendo Switch Lite, exclusively. Accordingly, Switch Lite users can now halt the console from recognizing inputs from the keys, but the Home and Capture buttons are the exceptions.
A new section to account pages for “Online Play Invites,” was added via Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 firmware update, additional to the before-mentioned features. “Online Play Invites” is the place from where you can check out your invitations from friends for the supported games. Besides, the new update also comes with bug fixes, the most important fix being the one regarding Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 Firmware Update Release Notes
Below, you can check the full Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 firmware update release notes, via Nintendo:
- Adds a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched thanks to filters or free text.
- Adds “Display QR Code to Check-In” to User Settings.
- Displays a QR Code to check-in using your Nintendo Account.
- Adds Alarm Notifications to System Settings > Notifications.
- Now, you can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Set up alarms only with the supported software.
- Adds configuration option for touchscreen sensitivity settings.
- Adds Standard and Stylus sensitivity options
- Adds an option to switch on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off, the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, except for the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Adds “Online Play Invites” to the User’s page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game.
Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 firmware update is already available to all Nintendo Switch users.